CALL FOR ARTISTS: “Up Close and Personal” – Deadline Feb 21, 2017
Sue Thomson and SFP Galleries presents
Paintings, Pen & Ink, Collage, Photography, Mosaic, Pottery, Sculpture, Poetry, Colored Pencils, Felting etc
1st Prize $100 / 2nd Prize $50 / 3rd Prize $25 / Honorable Mentions
“People’s Choice Award” will receive a Free 1 month gallery show
Hosted by the Thomson Agency Corporate Art Gallery – 9 N Vail in Downtown Arlington Heights, IL
- $ 20 Entry Fee One Piece
- $ 35 EntryFee Two Pieces
- $ 45 Entry Fee Three Pieces
- Entry Deadline: Tuesday, February 21, 2017
- Drop-Off: Tuesday, February 27, 2017 from 3 PM – 6 PM
- Exhibit: March 1, 2017 – March 31, 2017
- Pick-up: Saturday, April 1, 2017 from 8:30 AM – 10 PM (There is a $10 per piece for any artwork not picked up.)
- Reception: Friday March 17, 2017 from 7 PM – 9 PM
- Three Entries Maximum
- 2 Level Jury Process: The first round will be juried by Sue Thomson.
The second round will be juried by Artist Rose Kostan-Schwartz & Artist Georgia Cawley.
Work will be juried on:
- Theme Relevance: How well it relates to the theme of the showwhich will be “Winter”.
- Composition: The arrangement of the work of art.
- Style: The manner or process of using tools and materials in a work of art.
- Creativity: Working in an imaginative way, characterized by a high degree of innovation & originality
- Originality: Freshness of ideas, design, or style; the result of independent thought or constructive imagination.
- Skill Level: How skillfully was this art created!
Send an email to email@example.com and include:
- Art Medium:
- Price if sold:
- Your Name:
- LabeledJpeg(s): 1st Initial, Last Name, and Title Of Piece (example: SThomsonSnowyDay.jpeg)
Payments of $20 $35 or $45 can be made by check to Sue Thomson and sent to the Thomson Agency Corporate Art Gallery – 9 N Vail in Downtown Arlington Heights, IL 60005 or call Sue at 847-337-8437 to put a charge thru.
Check out our past Contests at: